Guidelines for Studio Usage (Prevention of spread of COVID-19) FeaturedWritten by Artriva Studios
Working in a closed/confined areas presents challenges for team-based work such as photography shoots (closed spaces). Though these guidelines are meant for clients of Artriva Studios, the following information/guidelines may be suitable for similar working conditions. Some of the known work conditions and associated risk factors are as below.
- Need/requirement to work as a team in confined spaces.
- The need for handling multiple objects by the team members.
- Regular sanitisation of workspace, furniture & equipment.
- Logging of information for contact tracing.
- Please take time to read instructions given for all professions (i.e. a Model also reads instructions for Photographer, MUA, organiser etc). The intention of this is being able to help one another in following these guidelines.
- The studio space at this time of the year needs to have an Air Conditioner (external temperatures in excess of 33-36 degree celsius along with high levels of humidity)
In order to overcome the above challenges, we request our clients to follow these set of guidelines
- Common Guidelines for everyone entering the premises
- Once you arrive at the Studio premises, you are required to undergo basic screening (temperature, SpO2 Measurements) by the staff of Artriva Studios.
- You sanitise yourself by washing hands with soap or an Alcohol-based hand sanitiser (containing 80% of alcohol by volume). Ref WHO Guidelines.
- Since most sanitisers available in the market contain only about 62% of alcohol by volume we recommend you to use the sanitisers supplied by us.
- There is a possibility of carrying the virus on the outer side of your mask. The studio is an air-conditioned environment where the virus can be airborne and potent for several minutes. Hence we suggest a new facemask.
- You log the reading on our dedicated health log page.
- You repeat temperature every two to three hours and log the data on the web form.
- Plastic chairs are provided, as they are easier to sanitise (be free to use a wipe/sanitiser to clean the chair as and when necessary)
- Bring your own bottle (BYOB). Sanitise your hand before & after touching common surfaces.
- For Photographers / Organiser of the shoot (Clients hiring Artriva Studios)
- You would responsible for reaching early to collect the sanitization kit (Hand Sanitiser, Gloves, Facemasks).
- Keep your team size at a minimum (avoid people accompanying models / other artists). Guests are recommended to wait in the balcony or the terrace.
- Ensure your support team wears gloves while handling garments. and other equipment.
- Sanitisers with 80% alcohol contain very less water and also dry quickly and may be used as an alternative in small amounts (in case you do not have IPA to wipe your equipment)
- Operate your equipment only when dry. Do not spray on equipment - ONLY WIPE.
- Ask the Studio staff to handle lights & other equipment to ensure a minimum number of people come in contact with it even after multiple shoots.
- Stagger the time when models arrive/leave/work if possible to reduce the risk of exposure.
- For MUA/MUAH
- It is your responsibility to sanitise all products, brushes and tools used beforehand.
- Carry a sanitised set each model and do not mix them up. Carry small containers to segregate items.
- Since you work in closed spaces, we recommend you wear a new N95 grade mask at all times.
- For Models
- Your safety is dependent on the rest of the team following guidelines at all times.
- If possible, limit the time you spend inside the studio. You can wait in the balcony or the terrace (we now have a shaded area below the Solar Panels)
- It is a good practice to write your name on your mask to avoid a mixup.
- For Support team
- Steam/Iron garments before handing over to the model (and ideally before packing too, or if the packed clothes are going to be untouched for a week or two)
- Sanitise hands regularly, wear gloves (remember to replace with a new pair/use a new pair every time you enter the premises). Remember that gloves can also carry the virus and deposit it on to surfaces.
- If possible you can also work in the balcony area for prepping garments.
- For Artriva Studios
- We understand that the efficacy all the above the efforts is high only when rules are followed for all shoots. We will try to keep an eye on compliance and remind/support you in following the same.
- We will not be entertaining shoots with a very high team count (for example auditions: we have had instances where approx 30+ people were inside our premises)
- We will enforce a buffer time between the time once client wraps up & another arrives (we are experimenting with a buffer time of 2hours between bookings, 1hr grace for the client, 1hr for sanitisation)
- These are not absolute rules, but a rough guideline and will be updated based on customer experience, emerging information about how the virus spreads and ease at which these can be followed.
- Supples made are chargeable at actuals (sanitiser, gloves, facemasks)
Latest from Artriva Studios
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.